Our aim in using cookies is to improve the interaction between you and our website, to make your “user experience” better. For example you do not want to have to keep logging in to your account every time you visit our website – a cookie enables us to remember your login details if you so wish.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on the device you are using by our server…only our server can retrieve or read the contents of the cookies we set. Each cookie is unique and contains some anonymous information like a unique identifier, our website name and some alphanumeric data.
These are the cookies we use:
- Google Analytics cookies, four in total (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmx) which expire respectively 2 years, 30mins, on browser close, 6 months
These cookies are used for Google Analytics. You will find the same kind of cookies on millions of other websites. This enables us to understand how visitors use our website.
- Login cookies, three in total (wordpress_test_cookie, wordpress_*, wordpress_logged_in_*) which expire on browser close
If you log into your website account, these cookies are set. They contain your “logged-in” state.
- PHP session cookie (PHPSESSID) which expires on browser close
Our website is written in PHP and this cookie is an integral part of that. All data stored in it is anonymous.
- Pygott & Crone user cookie (PygottAndCronePropertyFavourites) which expires after 2 weeks
This is our custom cookie which simply acts as a unique identifier for you. It enables us to determine the properties and searches you have saved. If you create an account or login, this information will be transferred to your account.
- Pygott & Crone digital cookie (PygottCroneDigital) – when using the “Book a valuation” and “Book a viewing”, we use a cookie to tell you apart from other users, when booking an appointment.
We need to know that you have seen and accepted the prompt about cookies on our website. This cookie simply tells us that you have done so.